Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Discussions on PC Benchmark

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Postby RS_Admin » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:56 pm

Here are some frequently asked questions for PC Benchmark:

1. Why can I not get my computer to 100% optimized?

The first thing you should know is that it is not possible to have a 100% performance level.
Your PC performance level is calculated by measuring the capabilities of your computer (without anything running on it) and then we measure what is running on your computer and how much of the capabilities are being consumed. Even if the only thing you have installed on your computer is Windows, you still have resources being used to run Windows and depending on the configuration of your computer, this can either be a large or small percentage of resources being used. Our goal is to try to get you as close to 100% as possible.

By following the tips that we provide you should be able to get closer and notice an impact on your PC performance.

2. How do I get back to my PC Benchmark profile page after closing it?

Your PC Benchmark page can only be accessed through the PC Benchmark application. You can access it by clicking the 'Test History' graph icon on the home screen of PC Benchmark.

3. PC Benchmark is unable to complete the scan. The scan stalls midway and the program becomes unresponsive.

Quick tips:

- Uninstall the software, download and install the latest version from here.
- Use the program with full administrator privileges. One way of doing this is to select the PCBenchmark.exe file on your desktop, right-click and choose Run as Administrator.
- Please ensure that you DO NOT have any programs running in the background or use your computer during the scanning process

4. The Benchmark Results page does not load properly. Some parts of the page like the buttons and tabs don't work.

This is definitely a browser related issue. Check your browser's settings and try again. Alternatively, you could simply copy the URL of the results page and view it in a different Internet browser.

5. PC Benchmark tells me that I have too many processes running but I do not know which ones to shut down.

As the list of processes vary from one computer to another, you will need to examine the list carefully to note the ones you're familiar with (those associated with programs you personally installed) and look up other unfamiliar processes on the Internet.

Once you know which program or Windows service the process is associated with, you will be finalize your decision.

For example: If you have a process that is associated with the some unnecessary software from HP, you can safely choose to end the process. On the other hand, if you see processes associated with Windows, you could probably skip them, unless you are absolutely sure that the process does not need to be running.

Quite often the best way to shut down processes are to actually shut down the application itself rather than shutting down the process.

6. How do I uninstall PC Benchmark?

Follow the uninstallation instructions here.

Still need help? Please get in touch with us: ReviverSoft Support
RS_Admin
Site Admin

Re: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Postby RS_Admin » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:30 pm

RS_Admin
Site Admin

Return to PC Benchmark