How do I use MacReviver?

Learn how to install, activate and use our products

How do I use MacReviver?

Postby RS_Admin » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:35 pm

This is a simple guide to help you download, install, activate and start using MacReviver in a few easy steps

MR_Logo.png

1. How do I download the software?

PC Reviver can be downloaded from the page below:

http://www.reviversoft.com/macreviver/

When you click the DOWNLOAD button on the above page, you will be offered the option to either Open OR Save the download. Please select the 'Save' option and save the MacReviverSetup file onto your desktop.

2. How do I install the software?

After you have finished downloading the product, all you need to do is click and launch the (MacReviverSetup.pkg) file in your Downloads folder and then follow the prompts on the screen to complete the installation of the software. You may be required to enter your Mac's login details to complete the installation.

Once the installation is complete, MacReviver should launch automatically on your Mac.

3. How do I launch MacReviver?

To access MacReviver, click on Launchpad in your Apple Dock, and then locate and click on MacReviver. The MacReviver app should launch in a few seconds.

You can also drag the MacReviver app and drop it on your Apple Dock for easier access in the future.
RS_Admin
Site Admin

Re: How do I use MacReviver?

Postby RS_Admin » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:48 pm

4. How do I activate MacReviver?

Once you launch MacReviver on your Mac, click on the Register button in the bottom right corner of the MacReviver home screen.

Activate_mr_1.png

In the window that appears, click the Enter License Code button.

Activate_mr_2.png

Next, you will be asked to enter your license code in the space provided.

To get your license details, open the purchase confirmation email you received right after your purchase. An example of the license details is shown below:

Activate_mr_2b.png

Copy (press Command +C) the license code you received and paste (press Command + V) it into the space provided. Click Register to complete the registration process.

MR_Activate_3.png

Congratulations! You have successfully activated your copy of MacReviver.

After the registration is complete, you will notice that the license status changes to Registered on the MacReviver homescreen.
RS_Admin
Site Admin

Postby RS_Admin » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:23 pm

5. How do I quickly cleanup my Mac?

MacReviver includes a feature called the Quick Cleanup, which is a set of tools designed to quickly and easily clean up unnecessary files on your Mac and recover valuable free space in minutes!

Quick Cleanup contains the following five cleanup methods:

Binaries Cleanup - This removes unneeded parts of applications.
Language Cleanup - This removes languages you neither want nor need from your Mac.
Cache Cleanup - This removes unnecessary system and user cache files.
Logs Cleanup - This gets rid of system and user log files.
Junk File Cleaner - This removes all unnecessary junk and temporary files from your Mac

To use the Quick Cleanup feature:

Launch MacReviver, click Quick Cleanup on the left pane and then click Start Scan on the right pane.

Quick_cleanup_1.png

You will need wait for MacReviver to finish scanning your Mac:

Quick_cleanup_2.png

Once the scan is complete, review the results and note the Total Junk Size that you’ll be recovering.

quick_Cleanup_3.png

Click the Remove Selected button to remove all the junk files and complete the cleaning process.

TIP: You can always check or uncheck the cleanup methods you would like to use for the Quick Cleanup scan.
RS_Admin
Site Admin

Postby RS_Admin » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:41 pm

6. How do I improve the Startup speed of my Mac?

MacReviver enables you to quickly manage and turn off the applications that run when you startup your Mac. This enables your Mac to start a lot faster and reduce boot time.

To manage your Startup:

Launch MacReviver and click on Startup Items on the left pane

On your right pane, you will see a list of all the items (apps) that are set to run when you startup your Mac.

Startup_items.png

1. Items that have a check mark next to them are set to hide after starting up. You can choose to make applications hide after starting by selecting them. All changes are saved immediately.

2. If you would like to completely remove an application from starting up, you need to click the name of the application and click Remove.

3. You can also add items to your startup by clicking Add and selecting an application or file you would like to open when your Mac starts.
RS_Admin
Site Admin

Postby RS_Admin » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:01 pm

7. How do I manage the hard disk usage on my Mac?

The Disk Cleanup feature of MacReviver is designed to gathers statistics on all the files and folders on your Mac, and tells you which ones take up the most space. As you click and navigate through folders, each subfolder will also be sorted by space.

You can also remove any folder or file that you do not need and recover valuable hard disk space.

How to use Disk Cleanup:

Launch MacReviver, click on Disk Cleanup on the left pane and then click Scan on the right pane.

disk_cleanup1.png

Once the scan is complete, you will be presented with the statistics on all the files and folders on your Mac. They are color coded for your convenience wherein red indicates folder/files that take up most space while the ones in green take up the least amount of space.

disk_cleanup2.png

You can then navigate around, find the folders/files that you believe are unnecessary and click the Remove button to remove them completely.

Don't worry, MacReviver creates a backup of the folders/files you remove, just in case you need them back.
RS_Admin
Site Admin

Postby RS_Admin » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:14 pm

8. How do I uninstall unnecessary applications from my Mac?

The Uninstaller feature in MacReviver can be far more convenient than hunting down an uninstaller for a specific program within the Applications folder. You can see all the programs you have installed in one location, similar to the Programs and Features app on a Windows PC.

How to use the Uninstaller:

Launch MacReviver, click on Uninstaller in the left pane and click Scan on the right pane.

uninstaller_1.png

Once the scan is complete, click through the different tabs to find applications, widgets, preferences and plugins you do not need on your Mac and click the Remove button to remove them completely.

uninstaller_2.png

Don't worry, MacReviver creates a backup of any apps or items you remove, just in case you want them back.
RS_Admin
Site Admin

Postby RS_Admin » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:26 pm

9. How do I find and remove Duplicate Files on my Mac?

The Duplicates Finder feature in MacReviver can instantly scan your entire Mac and sort all the files on the system, showing you all the files that are duplicated across different folders. You can then easily delete all duplicate files you find on your Mac.

How to use Duplicates Finder:

Launch MacReviver, click on Duplicates Finder in the left pane and then click on Scan.

duplicate_finder_1.png

Once the scan is complete, look through the list of duplicate files found on your mac and decide which ones you want to keep and which ones you want to remove. To remove duplicate files, leave the files you want removed checked and click on the Remove All button. Unchecking a file will prevent it from being removed. You can also specify a folder to look for duplicate files.

duplicate_finder_2.png

As with other areas of MacReviver, the program will automatically backup any duplicate files you remove, just in case you deleted files you shouldn't have.
RS_Admin
Site Admin

Postby RS_Admin » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:42 pm

10. How do I quickly find specific types of files on my Mac?

The Files Finder feature in MacReviver will find specific types of files anywhere on your Mac, including in network folders. That way, you can easily delete large files buried in a folder somewhere. Files Finder can search for videos, music, audiobooks, photos, archives or downloaded applications.

To use Files Finder:

- Launch MacReviver, click Files Finder on the left pane.
- Next, choose the type of file you’d like to search for:
Video, Audio, Other or Custom. Click the arrow next to the file type to search more specifically.
- Click Start Scan.

files_finder_1.png

Once the scan is complete, the list of files of the selected file type will appear.
- You can now sort the list by Title, Last Opened, or File Size.
- If you want to remove a file, simply select the file and click Remove.
- You also have the option of changing the folder where you want to look for files.

files_finder_2.png

If you choose another file type and come back to this file type, click Scan Result to see your previously performed scan.
RS_Admin
Site Admin

Postby RS_Admin » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:58 pm

11. How do I setup Anti-Theft to track my Mac if it is stolen?

The Anti-Theft Center is a feature of MacReviver that you activate ahead of any theft that might occur. It allows you to do the following things:

- See all the Macs in your account from our web-based MacReviver Anti-Theft Center.
- Use the Anti-Theft Center from any computer to report that your Mac is stolen.
- Receive updates about the location of the stolen Mac, images from the webcam and screen captures from the screen.
- Collect this info and use it to contact the proper authorities and retrieve your Mac.

To setup Anti-Theft on your Mac:

Launch MacReviver, click Anti-Theft on the left panel, go through the instructions on the right pane and click Activate.

anti-theft.png

You can then access the Anti-Theft center by clicking the link on this screen or by going to ReviverSoft.com and accessing the My Account area.
RS_Admin
Site Admin

Postby RS_Admin » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:29 pm

Other Useful Features in MacReviver:

Shredder - This is the file shredding feature of MacReviver. You can use the Shredder feature to permanently delete files from your Mac's hard drive. It is especially useful if you want to get rid of sensitive information from your computer.

Default Application - This feature of MacReviver makes it very easy to manage what applications open a specific file extension. It really comes in handy when you have files that are incorrectly associated with programs or missing file associations.

To use this feature, launch MacReviver and click on Default Application in the left pane, select the file extension you want to manage on the right pane, and then select the correct application you want to open it with.

Battery Optimization - The Battery Optimization feature in MacReviver gives you some great insights into your battery charge level, rate of power consumption and estimated time left on battery.

You can also control the battery consuming features of your MacBook based on whether it is running on battery or if it is plugged into a power source. To do this, you will need to create one or many battery profiles and then activate the one you would like to use.

To use this feature, launch MacReviver and click on Battery Optimization in the left pane, and you should be able to monitor your Macbook's battery performance on the right pane.

On this screen, you can also click on the View battery profiles button to either Add new battery profiles for your Macbook or Activate profiles you created previously.

Undo - The Undo feature of MacReviver basically allows you to undo any changes you have made to your Mac using the different features of the program. If you want to restore any recently removed files or changes, simply click the Undo option in the left pane of MacReviver, select the backup (change) you want to restore and click the Restore button.

We hope you enjoy using MacReviver on your Mac!

Need help with MacReviver?

Submit a support request and one of our friendly support team members will get back to you shortly.
RS_Admin
Site Admin

Return to Product Guides