Here's a quick list of DOs and DON'Ts to keep your laptop battery in good health!
- Remember to fully drain and charge your battery before any extended usage of your laptop.
- You should use the battery at least once every two weeks
- Store Li-Ion batteries between 20°C and 25°C (68°F and 77°F) with 30% to 50% charge
- Remove the battery if the notebook will be stored (turned off and not plugged into AC power) for more than 2 weeks
- Remove the battery if the notebook will be plugged into AC power continuously (via a wall adapter or docking station) for more than 2 weeks
- Be sure to calibrate your laptop every 3-5 months, under normal usage
- Once it is charged to 100%, do not leave it plugged into the mains forever
- With Lithium Ion (Li-on) batteries, you don't always need to charge it to 100%
- Avoid frequent full discharges because this puts additional strain on the battery
- Do not leave batteries exposed to high temperatures for extended periods. Prolonged exposure to heat (for example, inside a hot car) will accelerate the deterioration of Li-Ion cells