Has anyone had any troubles with Driver Reviver?

Your feedback and suggestions are always welcome

Has anyone had any troubles with Driver Reviver?

Postby Crissy11 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:21 pm

I got this new driver program, however I'm not sure its replacing the drivers I really need replaced. Even worse, I am not certain it is removing the old drivers it is replacing. I've been needing the necessary motherboard drivers that replace my generic XP version drivers so I no longer have to operate on legacy drivers. Unfortunately, the legacy drivers still show in the list of drivers currently operating. One of the biggest shortfalls of this program seems to be that it will not find and install SATA, RAID, or SCSCI drivers or keyboard and mouse drivers. :evil: :x I have one driver that needs to be completely removed, yet I cannot remove it without the correct driver in its place because it will not stop running and refuses to be removed. The driver running was meant for an external drive, but somehow it was never the correct driver for the external or my PC desktop. My desktop has now confused this driver as a main motherboard driver in place of the generic motherboard driver provided by XP. I have no idea how to fix this and had hoped Driver Reviver could rectify this driver problem that may be causing other drivers to be incorrectly administered/installed on my hard drive. If anyone has any ideas :idea: or insights please let me know. If I cannot troubleshoot this quickly, then I will certainly ask for a return.
Crissy11

Re: Has anyone had any troubles with Driver Reviver?

Postby RS_Support » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:08 am

Hello Crissy11,

Sorry to hear about the problems you are experiencing.

We would like to take this opportunity to address your concerns here:

- Whether or not a Driver Update removes the old driver for the installation or installs the update over it, depends on how the device manufacturer designed the driver installer to work. These days though, driver updates simply install over the older drivers by replacing the necessary files.

That said, you can still uninstall the old version of the driver and run the driver update installation after having downloaded it through Driver Reviver.

- We would like to assure you that our database contains both specific and generic drivers for SATA, RAID and SCSCI devices, in addition to keyboards and mouses. If these driver updates weren't delivered by Driver Reviver, chances are the program wasn't able to detect such hardware on your computer, either due to the hardware itself or the existing drivers that were installed for it.

- If you are looking to completely remove all traces of an old driver, please give this utility a try: Driver Sweeper
(It is a free program that helps you remove all traces of a driver)

To receive further assistance with the driver problems, we request you to write to our support team (support@reviversoft.com) with the following information:

1. Details of the problematic drivers
2. Details of the devices that you need drivers for
3. Complete system information (please use a program like Speccy to export the info)
4. Purchase details of Driver Reviver

Rest assured, we will do our very best to assist you with your concerns or offer you a full refund if we are unable to reach a resolution.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

The ReviverSoft Support Team
RS_Support

Return to Feedback Center