Registry Reviver - Deep Scan feature?

Your feedback and suggestions are always welcome

Registry Reviver - Deep Scan feature?

Postby maanojrakhit » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:22 am

The concept is very similar to a 'quick system scan' and 'full system scan' of any major anti-virus software, wherein the the former takes less time to complete, as it is less thorough.

I wanted to submit a question on this statement but I could not find a way to do so. Normally, forum pages have a button "Reply" which can be used for such purposes.

2. Now coming back to the main issue that relates to the aforesaid statement
The concept is very similar to a 'quick system scan' and 'full system scan' of any major anti-virus software, wherein the the former takes less time to complete, as it is less thorough.

This statement gives me the impression that if I were to run Deep Scan every time there should be no need to run individual scans.Would this assumption on my part be baseless?

Deep Scan does not take much time, in my setup, and works without interfering with my other work, hence I would not mind running it every time if only it were to meet the above stated assumption.

To examine its validity, I conducted a few tests as follows:

a. Individual scans minus deep scan reported some errors and those were then fixed.
b. Deep scan reported some more errors and those were then fixed.
c. Repeat deep scan showed "no errors".
d. Repeat individual scans minus deep scan reported additional errors and had to be fixed again.

During this series of tests no other program was running on my computer, none at all, which could have introduced additional elements of error if any of them were to be Program Installation/UN-installation related.

What does this convey? Does it not negate the very statement made at
maanojrakhit

Re: Registry Reviver - Deep Scan feature?

Postby RS_Support » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:18 am

Hi maanojrakhit ,

Thanks for sharing your concern with us.

I wanted to submit a question on this statement but I could not find a way to do so. Normally, forum pages have a button "Reply" which can be used for such purposes.

The reason behind the inception of the Product Support Topics and Quick Support sections, is to enable us to continually post support topics and other helpful resources for ReviverSoft customers and users alike. As these sections primarily display official content from our team in a particular format, we do not allow regular forum members to post here.

For questions and concerns over our products and services, we prefer users writing to our support team instead. This is to ensure that they receive prompt and personalized responses to begin with.

In this case, your post is a product related support query, which is best handled by our support team as suggested here.

This statement gives me the impression that if I were to run Deep Scan every time there should be no need to run individual scans. Would this assumption on my part be baseless?

I'm afraid the assumption is incorrect, simply due to the varied scanning process of the Deep Scan option.
When we say thorough, we mean the product looks for errors in areas of the Windows Registry that aren't already listed among the 13 sections you see in the Scan section.

The areas covered by the Deep Scan option can generally be considered as critical or sensitive areas of the Windows Registry, which may or may not contain registry errors and invalid entries. Secondly, the frequency of errors in these areas is far less compared to the generic areas of scanning. It is due to these reasons that we leave out Deep Scan as an optional feature.

a. Individual scans minus deep scan reported some errors and those were then fixed.
b. Deep scan reported some more errors and those were then fixed.
c. Repeat deep scan showed "no errors".
d. Repeat individual scans minus deep scan reported additional errors and had to be fixed again.
During this series of tests no other program was running on my computer, none at all, which could have introduced additional elements of error if any of them were to be Program Installation/UN-installation related.
What does this convey? Does it not negate the very statement made

Referring to the points mentioned above, I would like to reiterate the difference between the Deep Scan feature and scanning of other generic areas. They are treated as two separate entities, which is why you see a difference in results. The individual scans from your last test refer to the generic areas of scanning, which may detect invalid or empty errors that were not removed previously, possibly because they were still in use by the associated programs. Furthermore, some empty registry entries serve as placeholders in the Windows Registry and are constantly regenerated.

We hope the above information has addressed your concerns and will take this opportunity to revise the original article to explain the feature in greater detail.

For further assistance in this matter, we suggest writing in to our support team at the earliest.

Best regards,

The ReviverSoft Support Team
RS_Support

Return to Feedback Center