Adding Exclusions / Ignoring Errors

Discussions on Registry Reviver

Adding Exclusions / Ignoring Errors

Postby Reggie » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:00 am

What does the Exclusions feature do?
It excludes a program/service from being scanned and repaired.

Why do I need to use this feature?
In some circumstances, you may notice that the registry repairs have affected the functionality of a program you use. This is because certain registry entries of that program were inadvertently detected as registry errors.

To prevent this from happening again, the Exclusion feature allows you to add specific registry entries that relate to the affected program. This ensures that the program is completely ignored during the scan and repair process of Registry Reviver.

You can also use the Exclusion feature to ignore repetitive blank or invalid registry entries that act as placeholders for a program and are regenerated every time.

What do I need to do?

Registry Reviver > Options > Exclusions > Add Entry

How do I add the registry entries?

Depending on how they are listed in the Windows Registry. You can use the Windows Registry Editor (regedit) to determine the exact paths.

For example:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ACDSee
(or)
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Software\ACDSee

Screenshots for reference:

exclusions1.png
Step 1

exclusions2.png
Step 2

How do I restore the errors I have ignored (excluded)?

You can do so, by accessing the Exclusion List of the program and manually deleting the required registry errors from the list you see. Once deleted, these errors will go back into your Windows Registry and appear in the next registry scan.

exclusions3.png
Restore Exclusion
Reggie

Re: Adding Exclusions

Postby Reggie » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:23 am

Can I add Exclusions directly from the scan results window?

Yes, you can. If you notice registry errors that relate to a program that has been unexpectedly affected, you add these entries directly to the Exclusion List and exclude them from future scans. You may also exclude certain invalid errors that may repeatedly show up in the scan results, by adding them to the Exclusion List.

How do I exclude specific errors from the scan results?

1. In the scan results window, expand the required Registry Section

2. Select the specific error(s) relevant to a program (service) or select all errors that you wish to exclude

3. Right-click on the selected errors and choose Exclude from all future scans.

exclusion4.png
Excluding errors from the scan results window

4. The selected errors are then added to the Exclusion List of the program.

The program will now remember to exclude (ignore) these errors from being repaired in all future scans.
Reggie

Return to Registry Reviver